Wednesday, June 8, 2011

busy.

busy doesn't cover it at our house. so stuff goes on the back burner. so busy just keeping my three minis productive and the minimini happy. summer as I remember it didn't see to be that much work. between the soccer and tball and golf, tennis, and swim lessons we have made 4 superhero capes, 3 batman masks, thrifted, finished a dress order, filled vintage polite orders, made a boat-load of lists, went to disneyland, and filled our summer with reunions, hunting, holidays and playdates. can't wait for the heat now. here's a couple of happenings.

so blogland is going crazy over pinterest. and so am I. the more I look the more I want to see. and whoever came up with the idea-brilliant. if you haven't been there yet, run don't walk.

and the mavs won last night. ahh. hope they win it all. and isn't the man-child lebrawn amazing? like butter. everyone says daddy looks like dirk. definatly in the hair. when I met him it was longer and curly just like that. yum.

got gutsy and wallpaperd my kitchen. and I liked it. very tedious work, though. and time consuming. told daddy this wall was my guinea pig for the new house. I understand why people hire that sort of stuff out.

and I can't wait to attempt this project in the older boys room, for all their books and knicky-nacks and such. on a slightly smaller scale. I hope to make the shelves a little wider from the wall. see how that all goes.

currently redecorating the boys rooms, just moving things around and painting furniture. that kind of therapy just can't be bought. having a ball sewing, soon to have some new pieces in my wardrobe and new summer clothes for boys. and cousin wrennie-bird, too.

2 comments:

Alissa King said...

i love this new look for the blog, and I have a california boys slide show in the works!! I will put them all up on picassa before that though so you can snag some.

I. love. you!!

Gentri said...

I am so happy to hear about all the summer activities. I have not yet heard of pinterest but I've already headed over there.

I've been meaning to call for ages. Want to see how everything is going - talk about how big all the boys are with their camps.

Loved this post, especially the tree bookshelf. Totally need to commission one of those for myself. I'll get Heber right on it.